Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mod Podge Plaque







Where have I been, you ask? (OK I know that no one is asking but, anywhoo) I have been working hard on some Christmas gifts?
I made some home decor gifts. This one is an oval shaped wooden wall plaque.

I started with an all wood piece. I foam brush painted all sides and front with Antique Copper acrylic paint from A.C. Moore. I really love the look of it on the wood. It resembles a dark stain, but with a shimmer. (can you say LOVEEEY?) I KNOW right?
It ends up being all covered up by the paper but that's ok.
This one I am showing you today is for my nieces. They are so Beautiful! OK so I guess I am partial to their beauty, She gets told that she looks like me. ;-) LOL
Here are step by step pic instructions...

Start with a raw piece of wood. I got mine at the dollar store (I love that place)


Paint with Acrylic paint of your choice. I used folkart brand Metallic Antique Copper.



Add your paper of choice with mod podge. I just traced and cut the paper by hand. I inked edges with a red ink pad from CTMH. I also used some Tim Holtz distress ink in Rusty Hinge and a touch of Vintage Photo as well.



Add your image with mod podge and then... The fun part, embellish to your heart's desire!



I used I am roses flowers that I glimmer misted with Tuscan Sun and Dazzling Diamonds. I used some prima pearls and leaves, a Martha Stewart punch. All flowers are hot glued down.

No comments:

Post a Comment